Information about Royal Zambezi Lodge
- Number of Tents: 15
- Children: Under 8yrs on request
- Triples: Yes, by adding an extra bed
- Twin Rooms: Available
- Minimum Stay: 2 nights
- Activities: Game drives, canoeing and boat safaris, fishing, walks, mountain hiking, spa
- Air-conditioning: Evaporative cooling – a mist – in the main building only
- Room Fans: Yes
- Laundry: Additional Charge
- Mosquito Nets: Yes
- Swimming Pool: Yes
- Bath: In deluxe and presidential suites only
- Showers: Yes
- In-room safe: Yes
- Private bars: Cool box on request
- Telephone: Only in emergency
- Internet access: WIFI Available
- Hairdryers: on request
- Suitable for disabled guests: Yes, with assistance.
- Check-out: 10am
- Power: 240v Generator power
- Private 4×4 vehicle: At extra cost if available
- Credit Cards: Yes Visa, American Express or Mastercard
Royal Zambezi lodge is accessible by regular scheduled flights and chartered flights from Lusaka (25mins).
All flights land at the propriety royal air strip which is ten minutes drive from the lodge.
Access by road and boat takes a minimum of five hours from Lusaka requiring a four wheel drive.
Recommended Length of Stay
To take full advantage of everything on offer, stays at the Royal Zambezi Lodge should be a minimum of 4-5 nights.
Recommended Equipment & Attire
The atmosphere at Royal Zambezi Lodge is informal, so casual neutral colored clothing is both practical and acceptable. During the hot summer months of September to December cool clothing is essential, with long, loose clothing for evenings. From May to August it can be quite cool at night and in the early mornings, so warmer clothing is advised. Hat, sun screen, binoculars, camera & extra film, walking shoes and shoes suitable for boating are essential.
- 10% deposit secures a booking, full payment at 45 days
- Less than 1 week notice – 100% of total
- Less than 4 weeks notice – 50% forfeited
- Less than 8 weeks notice – 20% deposit forfeited
- Over 8 weeks notice – full refund
Payment for extras at the lodge:
- Settlement of final extras bill is preferred in ZMK cash
- Visa card payment for extras accepted